The project aims to have a positive impact the poverty levels in Shkodra in comparison to the national average, by contributing to the social inclusion of persons in need. Is in line with the Social Local Plan of Shkodra Municipality 2018-2021 as regards the Objective 1 “Creation and administration of integrated community social services for the most vulnerable groups, children, people with disabilities, women, the elderly etc.” and as regards the Objective 4 “Improving the health, quality of life of the community aiming healthy people for a healthy community".
Overall objective: To contribute to the social inclusion of persons in need in Shkodra. Specific objective: To improve the system of social protection for persons in need in Shkodra Municipal Unit 1.
- Increased capacity of Shkodra Municipality to provide multi-functional social care services in Municipal Unit 1.
- Enabled Municipality & MFCC staffs to sustainable manage multi-functional services.
- Improved delivery of social care services in Municipal Unit 1.
- Supported early childhood development programme in Municipal Unit 1.
Expected impact on target groups/beneficiaries:
- Multi-functional Community Centre (MFCC) staff and volunteers have increased capacities to deliver social care program & activities to persons in need
- Municipal Social Services Directorate staff have increased capacities to manage & develop social care services at MFCC - Local state institutions including social and residential care institutions, education, health care, civil registration and Child Protection Units are more accessible to the vulnerable people
- CSOs and CBOs operating in Shkodra working with persons in need, in particular children and youth, women, persons with disabilities and the elderly are better coordinated with the Municipality to reduce duplication and increase impact.
- Persons in need and their families who are resident in Shkodra Municipal Unit 1 including at risk children & youth, women, persons with disabilities and elderly persons have Increased opportunities for social inclusion through services at MFCC & in community
- Community representatives are empowered to actively participate in community life.
PROJECT PARTNERS: Terre des hommes Albania , Emilia Romagna Region , Municipality of Shkodra
Shkodra Multi-functional Services: Model of Social Inclusion and Development of the Community is funded by Italian-Albanian Debt for Development Swap Agreement - IADSA II